- A cat’s heart beats twice as fast as a human heart, at 110-140 beats per minute.
- A cat’s normal body temperature is 101.5 degrees. This is slightly warmer than a humans.
- Cats have 290 bones in their body, and 517 muscles.
- A cat has five more vertebrae in her spinal column than her human does.
- A cat will almost never “meow” at another cat. This sound is reserved for humans.
- During her productive life, one female cat could have more than 100 kittens. (Spay and/or neuter your cat!)
- Kittens begin dreaming at just one week old.
- If your cat is 3, your cat is 21 in human years. If your cat is 8, your cat is 40 in human years. If your cat is 14, your cat is 70 in human years.
- The more cats are spoken to, the more they will speak to you.
- Cats are partially color blind. They have the equivalency of human red/green color blindness. (Reds appear green and greens appear red; or shades thereof.)
- Cats need 1/6th the amount of light that humans do to see. Their night vision is amazing!
- Cats can see up to 120 feet away. Their peripheral vision is about 285 degrees.
- A cat’s ear pivots 180 degrees. They have 30 muscles in each ear, and use twelve or more muscles to control their ear movement.
“Designed for scratching, play, lounging & fun…this best selling tower is definitely the one!”
To enter the sCATvenger Hunt, first read the rules of entry here. GOOD LUCK!!!