Years ago, my daughter, Nicole, devoted many hours towards creating the most beautiful and original birthday cake for me. This cake is the stuff of cat lovers’ dreams. Nicole created from scratch, a moist, mouth watering red velveteen cake. She painstakingly decorated it with marzipan. Enjoy the slideshow that takes you step-by-step through the process. This cat cake truly was a labor of love. Thank you for the memories, Nicole. You are the best daughter a mother could hope for.
Category: Just for Fun
No blarney! Find Patrick the Cat in our CatHaven Tree for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate!
- Find Patrick the Cat in our CatHaven Tree, pictured below
- Click here to place an order with us, any order store wide (no minimum).
- When you receive your email order confirmation, click Reply, and tell us where Patrick is located on the CatHaven Tree.
- The winner will be randomly selected from the correct entries posted by March 31, 2019.
- We’ll notify the winner via email on April 1, 2019.
Bring out your indoor cat’s inner kitten with these easy ideas
Cats are intelligent, active creatures that need daily stimulation just like we do.
Help your cats to tackle boredom and keep undesirable behaviors to a minimum. Constant meowing, scratching furniture, and urinating outside the litter box are all behaviors that can be avoided with some simple solutions that will keep your feline companions entertained throughout the day.
- Put a well constructed multiple tiered cat tree next to your window that has a scratching surface such as sisal. They’ll happily gaze at birds, passing cars, and pedestrians. This is a simple activity that will occupy your cat for hours all year round.
- Turn on pleasant, easy going music or play a CD of nature sounds to soothe and comfort your pet when no one is home. Buy a cat sitter DVD with a continuous loop to entertain them.
- Satisfy your cat’s need to climb by creating safe pathways to the tops of bookshelves and other high places. If you have empty wall space, consider perch wall units that will accomplish this.
- Indulge the natural hunting instincts in your cat by hiding treats or dry kibble in your home. Use a kitty diner that will provide your cats with a stimulating activity. The challenging activity appeals to the natural love of hunting and will stimulate them mentally and physically. Change the locations frequently to keep things interesting.
- Give your cat new toys to sniff, play with, and explore. These might be anything from catnip toys, puzzle toys, teaser toys and tunnels. These are wise investments that will go a long way towards keeping your cat healthy and happy.
- Teach your cats to walk on a leash or provide a secure cat enclosure for the yard. This will enable your kitties to enjoy some of the perks of being outdoors without any of the risks associated with them roaming free outdoors.
- Treat your cat to quality one-on-one playtime and cuddle time as often as possible.
Your cats have a distinct personality just like you do, so why not try as many of these entertainment ideas as possible and stick to the ones they like best!
We Have a Winner of the Meow-lo-ween Guess How Many Cat Toys Contest!
Thank you to EVERYONE who entered our Meow-o-ween Guess How Many Cat Toys Contest! (Be on the lookout for a special thank you offer email).
I guess no black cats crossed Donna M’s path this week, as she just won our contest. Congrats Donna!!! Donna guessed magic number 29 and that is exactly how many catnip toys are in the Meow-lo-ween jar. Enjoy your $50 shopping spree at MyThreeCats.com!